Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pekerja Terhidu Bau Gas Sebelum Letupan Di Jusco Melaka

Workers smelt ‘trouble’ before being floored

MALACCA: For workers at AEON Jusco, the only hint of trouble was the smell of gas before a powerful blast knocked them out.

Ghafar Baba, 41, was checking the final touches to the building which was set to open on Thursday, when he got a whiff of “an odd smell”. Minutes later, there was an explosion.

“I didn’t realise it was gas. I had just stepped out of the building when the explosion occurred,” he said when met at the scene.

A tenant, who will operate a restaurants there, said the tenants were told to be present at the building before noon yesterday for tests to be carried out on the gas system.

“We were told to come in at 11am with two representatives from each restaurant or outlet for the tests.

“It was before 1pm when I noticed the smell of gas and told the contractor about it. But before he could do anything, there was a loud explosion. I ran out as fast as I could,” he said.

Twenty-two-year-old Musli Ali, from Aceh, said he took an early lunch break and was resting when he was floored by the blast.

“The next thing I knew, I was lying on the floor covered in debris. I was stunned because I was quite close to the blast,” he said at the Malacca Hospital.

He was thankful to have escaped serious injuries and was given outpatient treatment for a minor cut.

Dipetik Dari Star Online 15 Disember 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment